POSTCARDS FROM THE EDGE • Preview Party
Hosted by Luhring Augustine
The only opportunity to see the entire exhibition!
Take a guess at who's work is whose...
Join your friends to view over 1500 works of art at the POSTCARDS FROM THE EDGE
Preview Party at Luhring Augustine!
Friday January 30th
PREVIEW PARTY - (No postcard sales)
- VIP Preview begins at 5pm
$50 admission includes two raffle tickets (payable at the door or online here)
Sneak peek starting one hour before crowds arrive
- Artist Preview 6-8pm
Participating Artists - FREE* (no need to RSVP - artists' name held at the door.) *Free admission for participating artists only - guests of artists $50 ea)
Two raffle tickets included with $50 admission, additional tickets $10 each
• First Pick of any postcard that night
• VIP Access to the benefit on Saturday morning
• Goodie Bag (Brian Kenny tote bag, Visual AIDS books, and more)
Raffle to be called at 7:30 pm. Must be present to win.
• Artworks by Will Barnet, Scott Hunt, Mark Innerst, Jayson Keeling, Brian Kenny, Glenn Ligon, Slava Mogutin, Sheila Pepe, David Reed, Chris Tanner, Kay WalkingStick, and Ai Weiwei.
Bids begin online at Paddle8 on Friday, January 16, 2015. Artwork will also be on view at Luhring Augustine starting the evening of the Preview Party. Final bids close online on Sunday, February 1 at 4 PM.
OTHER AUCTION ITEMS INCLUDE:
• 2ND PICK of any artwork that evening
• VIP Access - the top 12 bidders will receive a free pass to the FRONT OF THE LINE when doors open the following day for the Benefit Sale on Saturday, January 31. (please note: VIP Access lets you skip the line, but it does NOT allow you to view or purchase the work before 10 AM)
The above auction items (2nd Pick & VIP Access) will only be auctioned during the Preview Party, and will close that night, Friday, January 30th at 7:30 PM.
SATURDAY, JANUARY 31 from 10 AM - 6 PM
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 1 from 12 NOON - 4 PM
Benefit Sale is first-come, first served. $5 suggested admission. Works are signed on the back and displayed anonymously. Artist's name revealed only after purchase. Cash, check or credit card (MC VISA AMEX) accepted. More details here.
All proceeds support the work of Visual AIDS.
Visual AIDS utilizes art to fight AIDS by provoking dialogue, supporting HIV+ artists and preserving a legacy - because AIDS IS NOT OVER
Question? Contact Visual AIDS (212) 627-9855 or [email protected]